Whenever you link a website, its position in search engines is strengthened. Sometimes you want to post a link to a website without improving its rank. This is where donotlink.it comes in.
What does donotlink.it do?
Using donotlink.it instead of linking to questionable websites directly will prevent your links from improving these websites' position in search engines. Additionally donotlink.it will remove the referer, so the linked website will not know where its visitors are coming from.
How does it work?
- This url is blocked in our robots.txt file, so (search engine) robots are discouraged from crawling it.
- The "nofollow" attribute of the link and the intermediate page give robots another reminder to not crawl the link.
- If a known robot does decide to crawl the link, our code will identify it and serve it a blank page (403 Forbidden) instead of redirecting to the url.
To use donotlink.it either copy and paste the link in the form above or prepend https://donotlink.it/ like this https://donotlink.it/http://example.com. A link always needs to start with http:// or https://.
What does donotlink.it not do?
- donotlink.it does not scan the linked site for malware.
- donotlink.it does not prevent the linked site from getting ad revenue from visitors.
created by @ConnyDuck
Get the source code on Github